This recipe is mostly healthy but completely delicious. It can be healthier if you omit the chocolate but also makes a great snack or dessert with the chocolate added in.
My two tips:
1. I use the silicone cups for baking because I have found freezing the muffins in paper cups results in cups that don't separate easily.
2. When freezing, separate muffins with wax paper to prevent sticking together.
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour (or flour of your choosing)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons golden flax meal and/or wheat germ
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 bananas, mashed
1 small bar of vegan dark chocolate (or chocolate chips) - optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, flax/wheat germ, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas. Once mixed well, stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir on chocolate (if using).
3. Spoon into greased muffin tin, silicone cups, or paper cups, and bake for 20-22 minutes.
|So easy even Daddy can do it!|